Sunday, November 4, 2012

Eggroll Cafe



Looking for a place to eat that is not too expensive but extremely tasty, go check out the Eggroll Café on 110 University Avenue in Lowell, Massachusetts. With the restaurant’s location practically on the campus of the University of Massachusetts Lowell, a student like myself could not ask for a better place to eat. Just by walking through the door I felt extremely comfortable and welcomed. The dining area was not very spacious; however, with the seats at the bar and around all of the tables, there was definitely plenty of room. The restaurant was very homey and the ability to pick where I wanted to sit was a little bit different, but a good different.



            After getting comfortable at the table, I took a little bit of time looking at the menu. Though the paper for the menu was not very large, there were a lot of different choices and combinations to pick from. The best part about the food (well at least how it looked on paper) was the eggrolls and the insane amount  choices and varieties. After picking what I wanted, I walked up to the cash register and ordered. This aspect of the restaurant I did not particularly enjoy. I felt as if I was eating at a fast food place and kind of made me discouraged. I began to worry that the food would not come out as good as I had been told. I placed my order in and went to sit back down. I ordered a plate of General Gao’s Chicken, which came with rice and soy beans. I also made sure to order a couple of different eggrolls. I got a combination of the Crab Rangoon, pizza, and the vegetarian eggrolls. Lastly, I made sure to order the famous Bubble Tea. I had absolutely no clue what I was getting myself into but since I had heard so much about it I knew I would have to give it a try. When I looked at all the different flavors I did not know what to do, so I went with a flavor I already knew: Passion Fruit.
 
            Bubble tea practically has nothing to do with real tea. It is basically a fruit drink served cold and at the bottom of the cup are little “bubbles.” However, these are not real bubbles, they are actually soft and chewy tapioca pearls. They do not really have much flavor but are edible and an unexpected surprise at the end of the drink.
          After sitting back down, the food came out fairly quickly and the waitress brought each plate to the table. First came the eggrolls which she brought in a cool looking, boat shaped container and each type of eggroll had its own specific sauce. I am a huge fan of Chinese food so the first bite I took was of the Crab Rangoon  It was Phenomenal! Once I took my first bite there was no stopping me and all I wanted was more. Next came the General Gao's Chicken which was also very good. The dish was amazing and the eggrolls definitely lived up to my expectations. I would suggest this restaurant to anybody who asks for a cheap place for some good food. Overall, my experience was a positive and I can not wait to return and try something new.

1 comment:

  1. Jackson,

    Glad you liked it there. I do, too. However, sadly, The restaurant doesn't count as an authentic Cambodian restaurant. Sorry that I can't count this, but thanks for the read.

    ReplyDelete